Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tuna Cakes



    While watching The Food Network I saw a tuna spread that looked really good. It's lunch time here so I decided to make me and the littles something with tuna. I looked up a few recipes for tuna cakes and couldn't find one that I had all of the ingredients for, so I decided to make my own! Do they not look delicious?!

    I was actually pleasantly surprised as how good they turned out! I am one to always follow recipes and only tweak just a little bit, I have never ventured away and made my own recipe!

Ingredients:
  • One 5oz can of tuna. (I used what I had- packed in water)
  • One egg
  • One slice of bread, roughly chopped
  • Pinch of garlic salt
  • Pinch of dried cilantro
  • Pinch of onion powder
  • Few squirts lemon juice
  • Forkful of Sun dried tomatoes (mine were packed in oil) roughly chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
    Mix all together in a bowl. Warm up a tsp oil in a pan. Pack into two nice sized patties, and brown on each side. I did about 5 minutes on each side.

   I split one between the babies and ate one myself, I could have eaten both they were so good! I just happened to have the sun dried tomatoes in my fridge, and I had big chunks in my patty and it was amazing. I am sure you could leave them out if needed.
    The cakes stayed together amazingly, and were delicious!  Both babies ate all of theirs, so I am guessing I get thumbs up from them too! Try them out and let me know what you all think!!!



*Please give credit where credit is due, if shared.*

No comments:

Post a Comment