Thursday, May 8, 2014

Does she know what sleep means?!

Back to us trying this new "thing" to help N sleep on her own.. Yeah.. not so much.

After my last post I was feeling quite confident on the sleeping front, thinking oh yeah! we got this!


Apparently not!


Monday evening was our first night.

Tuesday evening.. OH MY!
She was so tired, after not having much of a nap, and started rubbing her eyes and acting very sleepy around 7:30 that night.

I decided to go on and get her ready for bed and try it out.

I tried the holding her hand thing.
Telling her to lay down and go to sleep. That she was a big girl and big girls sleep in their own beds.
She would lay down for a few seconds, but then pop right back up.
Then I got out this frog, turtle thing that shines stars on to the walls and ceiling, thinking this would distract her enough and eventually fall asleep.
Nope.
I then decided I would try to let her cry.
I'd let her cry for about 5 minutes, go back in, give her a hug and kiss and lay her back down.
She'd cry for a little longer this time, then I'd do the same thing.
After a few times with this, I tried holding her to get her tired and close her eyes. When I lay her in her crib she'd pop right back up!

I finally told her that I was going to bed and she would just have to cry.
And I left.

Lee let her cry for about 10-15 minutes and then went and got her, it still took him around 20 minutes to get her asleep in his arms.

This all took place from 7:30 to 10:00pm.

AHHHHH. Guess who was up around 11:30?!?

What do I do?!

Last night she fell asleep in the car on the way home, and stayed asleep until 1 this morning in her own bed.

Should I start driving her around at night until she is asleep and just transfer her?

HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment