Sunday, June 8, 2014

Tot school week 7

Okay,  I promise this week will be better!  Or at least bit more organized. We spent the week away again, and that meant a lot of time outside in the heat,  and some time in the little pool trying keep cool.  The only organized activites that we did this week was a few sensory "bins." Just easy things to put together easily.  The first thing we did was play with a bit of shaving cream and food coloring. Very simple,  I took a clear box and sprayed some Dollar Tree shaving cream into it, then added a couple of drops of red food coloring.   

See how pretty?

N didn't know what to do with it at first, then finally she really dug into the fun foam.
The next activity that was planned didn't quite go as well as I thought. I tried to make goop, you know- the stuff that is liquid when still and a solid when touched?
Well, I read that I just have to mix cornstarch with water,  and I'd be done.  Yeah,  that didn't work! It was a mess!  However,  N loved playing the milky water. 

We started looking other recipes up to figure out what I did wrong,  and we saw that I could add baking soda to the mix.
A box of baking soda later and we still had a mess on our hands.  N still enjoyed splashing around.  We noticed as we were pouring the mixture out that it was kinda of slimy on bottom.  We finally made something to play with! Although at this point N was done and I had more fun playing. 

We had a great time on walks and playing in the rocks. We made a camping baby out of her.  It was a very fun week, but very exhausting at the same time.  I am so happy to be home,  and ready to start our next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment