Thursday, June 19, 2014

Update of Sleeping Beauty

I feel like it's time to give you an update on our sleeping habits. You can read about past experiences here, here and here. Once you read those then you will know that what I am about to say has been heaven in comparison!
Right after our last post, we found a toddler bed online for N. We know that it was probably too early to switch her, but we set it up in our room just to try it out. The first night, I put N in her new bed, and sat down on the floor next to her. Within minutes she was asleep. Guess what!!! She slept all night! Night after night was the same thing. She would fall asleep in her bed and sleep until around 5:30-6 in the morning. Then crawl into our bed for a few more hours.
THEN:: she got a slight cold, and was in our bed again. Then we went camping and was in our bed again. That really messed things up for us, especially since we just got her to where she would fall asleep for naps and at night by HERSELF!!!
Since we've been home from camping, she is just about back into a routine. Just last night she slept all night in her bed, only woke up once I believe.
She may only be 14 months old, but I feel like switching her to a toddler bed was the right thing at this time. Granted the bed is still in our room, but pretty soon we will be moving things around and she will have a "big girl toddler room!"
I am very please with our progress. It helps that N understands more of what we are saying to her- and when we ask her to lay down, she generally does. One thing I absolutely love about having her in a toddler bed, is that when she wakes up, she will walk into the living room herself. There is no more me having to listen out for her to wake up and go get her. Sometimes she will walk out with her "sleepy bear" and a blanket, and want to crawl back into my lap to sleep some more- and that is A okay with me!
Our little girl is growing up, and we have to deal with it. She is an amazing little creature, teaches me things every day. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment