Friday, August 15, 2014

A is for Apples and Airplanes



     Our first week of tot school is officially over! This week we tried to learn our letter A. To say we learned our letter A would be lying. She is only 16 months old! She did learn how to say apple, and correctly point out an airplane. I would say that is progress in my book!
     Our first day was short and to the point, N did not want to do anything for me that day! We did sit down and go thru our alphabet box, which is where she picked up every single item and asked "what's this?" So inquisitive.
      She promptly stood up after looking at every item and said "I'm done." Then walked away. Though I did get her to sit in my lap long enough to make her Alligator.
(please do not make fun of my A cutting skills)

     I would put glue on the paper and she put the eyes and the teeth, the last tooth she wanted me to put the glue on it, instead of the green paper and she put it where she wanted. :)

   The next day we played in our Apples sensory box! She LOVED it! Once you see the pictures you will see exactly what I mean. 


     I had quite the mess to clean up once we were all done. She cannot grasp the concept of keeping things in the box! Which is probably why I am scared to play with our new mood sand. I did notice that she is a lot more coordinated with her left hand then her right. Which would also explain why she's so daggum smart!

      The next day we were suppose to count apples and group them with like colors. This was also a morning she didn't want anything to do with me. It took me 20 minutes to just get her to pick the apples back up and put them in the box!




    
     Then the fun day! She got to stamp with real apples! She loved that as well! Red and black paint, an apple cut in half and two plastic forks- makes about 20 minutes of fun!


     All in all, it was an okay week. Two out of four days went extremely well! Hoping next week will be even better, although with us adding in another tot, we may have a week of crazies.

     I say this week = Success.


     Get ready for next week when we will be learning letter C!


Until next time.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment